There are many opportunities for students to get involved with the conference. Students needing financial support to attend the conference are encourage to apply to the following.
All students who receive travel support are asked to post to this blog before and after the event to share your stories and experiences (at least two postings please!). You will receive instructions on posting to the blog after notification of acceptance.
Travel support includes: Volunteering, SRC, PLMW, and PAC reimbursement
ICFP has a Student Volunteer Program for more information on the Student Volunteer program, please see this link for more details.
ICFP has a Student Research Competition for Graduate and Undergraduate students, please see this link for more details.
For senior undergraduate and beginning graduate students interested to pursue a career in programming language research, please find more information on the Mentoring Workshop on this page
The ACM SIGPLAN PAC Funds can support travel, accommodation and registration for Students. For more information see http://www.sigplan.org/PAC/.
Limited funds are available to support student participation at ICFP’17. Priority will be given to those students (in this order) who
- Are an author on a ICFP’17 paper
- Are an author on a paper at a ICFP’17 co-located conference, workshop, or symposium (see the list via the link under the Tracks pull down menu)
- Participate in the ICFP’17 Student Research Competition (SRC) - more on this at the link above
- (Help) Lead an ICFP’17 tutorial
- Participate as a student volunteer (and are from outside of the area) – more on this at the link above
- Submitted a paper to ICFP’17 or to a ICFP’17 conference, workshop, or symposium (see the list via the link under the Tracks pull down menu)
- Students who wish to attend the conference
Other restrictions apply depending on the amount of funds available. More details are provided on the PAC Page.