Friday, 8 September 2017
Venue & Registration Details
For registration, please see the ICFP 2017 web site at: https://icfp17.sigplan.org/
The Erlang Workshop aims to bring together the open source, academic, and industrial communities of Erlang, to discuss technologies and languages related to Erlang. The Erlang model of concurrent programming has been widely emulated, for example by Akka in Scala, and even new programming languages were designed atop of the Erlang VM, such as Elixir. Therefore we would like to broaden the scope of the workshop to include systems like those mentioned above.
The workshop will enable participants to familiarize themselves with recent developments on new techniques and tools, novel applications, draw lessons from users’ experiences and identify research problems and common areas relevant to the practice of Erlang, Erlang-like languages, functional programming, distribution, concurrency etc.
Fri 8 Sep
|10:30 - 10:55|
|DOI File Attached|
|10:55 - 11:20|
|14:00 - 14:25|
|14:25 - 14:50|
|15:30 - 15:55|
|15:55 - 16:20|
Call for Papers
We invite three types of submissions:
Experience reports describing uses of Erlang in the "real-world", Erlang libraries for specific tasks, experiences from using Erlang in specific application domains, reusable programming idioms and elegant new ways of using Erlang to approach or solve a particular problem. The maximum length for the experience report is restricted to 2 pages.
Technical papers describing interesting contributions either in theoretical work or real world applications. Submission related to Erlang, Elixir, Akka, CloudHaskell, Occam, and functional programming are welcome and encouraged. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- virtual machine extensions and compilation techniques
- implementations and interfaces of Erlang in/with other languages
- new tools (profilers, tracers, debuggers, testing frameworks etc.)
- language extensions
- formal semantics, correctness and verification
- testing Erlang programs
- program analysis and transformation
- Erlang-like languages and technologies
- functional languages and multi-processing
- concurrency in functional languages
- functional languages and distributed computing
- parallel programming
- pattern based programming
- Erlang in education
Poster presentations describing topics related to the workshop goals. Each includes a maximum of 2 pages of the abstract and summary. Presentations in this category will be given an hour of shared simultaneous demonstration time.
Instructions to authors
Papers must be submitted online via EasyChair (via the “Erlang2017” event). The submission page is https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=erlang2017.
Submitted papers should be in portable document format (PDF), formatted using the ACM SIGPLAN style guidelines.
Each submission must adhere to SIGPLAN’s republication policy. Violation risks summary rejection of the offending submission. Accepted papers will be published by the ACM and will appear in the ACM Digital Library.
Paper submissions will be considered for poster submission in the case they are not accepted as full papers.
The proceedings will be freely available for download from the ACM Digital Library from one week before the start of the conference until two weeks after the conference.
- ICFP 2017 web site: https://icfp17.sigplan.org/
- Past ACM SIGPLAN Erlang workshops: http://www.erlang.org/workshop/
- Open Source Erlang: http://www.erlang.org/
- EasyChair submission site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=erlang2017
- Author Information for SIGPLAN Conferences: http://www.sigplan.org/authorInformation.htm
- Atendee Information for SIGPLAN Events: http://www.sigplan.org/Resources/Policies/CodeOfConduct/
|DOI File Attached|
- Extended submission deadline: Fri June 2, 2017
- Author notification: Fri June 23, 2017
- Final submission for the publisher: Sat July 15, 2017
- Workshop date: Fri, 8 September 2017
|Fri 8 Sep 2017|
|Sat 15 Jul 2017|
Final submission for the publisher
|Fri 23 Jun 2017|
|Fri 2 Jun 2017|
Extended submission deadline